*We recognise the need to also advocate for ATP1A3 diseases alongside AHC given this is the principal gene causing AHC in approx. 80% of cases.
We intend to do this across Europe by:
- Advocacy for patients and families of AHC and ATP1A3 diseases.
- Education and awareness of AHC and ATP1A3 diseases.
- Progressing research for AHC and ATP1A3 diseases.
- Support for European AHC and ATP1A3 organisations.
- Connecting AHC and ATP1A3 families throughout Europe.
AHCFE hope is to be able to connect with all European AHC organisations and ensure that no AHC family in a European country without an official AHC organisation feels isolated.
We also want to work closely with our international AHC community and the AHC International Alliance (AHCIA) and be a point of contact to disseminate important information to all European AHC organisations.